Sunday, April 27, 2008

Chanel's Cologne and Moon Sparkle

Turin describes Chanel's Cologne as the quintessential cologne. I finally smelled it at Bergdorf Goodman's and it is indeed lovely. It's bright, cheerful and harmonious. I got to thinking that cologne is sort of the punk pop anthem of fragrance - stripped down and up-beat like a major 5th chord. I was originally going to say that the Chanel Cologne was the "I wanna be sedated" of scent but I think it's actually more like Vacation by the Go-Go's. It's fun and pretty and it takes some serious skill to create something so effortless. It's sophisticated stuff, but I imagine Sedated would be even more stripped down and smell more like Queens.

Moon Sparkle by Escada smells like blue Hubba Bubba on a July sidewalk and I love it! This is what I imagine Wig Wam Bam by the Sweet would smell like. The name even sounds like it should be a purple flocked My Little Pony unicorn. It dries down a little softer but lasts forever - my parka still smells of it a week after I sprayed it.

No comments: