Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jardin en Méditerrannée by Hermes



I have to admit, I first sniffed this one after reading an essay singing it's praises in Fantastic Man. It's completely delicious, a mix of oranges, sage and cypress trees that smells like the interior of the temperate greenhouse at the Botanic Gardens crossed with the gray wooden slats that surround the cool airconditioned art galleries of the Menil Collection in Houston. Now if they could bottle the wet plaster of the Cy Twombley pavilion I'd be very impressed.

I don't quite know what it would be musically - catchy, a little dry, a little classic, but with the juice of a good dirty joke. Elvis Costello comes to mind, or maybe Esquivel.

1 comment:

Flora said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog, after you commented on my PST post. LOVE the name, I wish I had thought of it!

Very nice and original review of this scent. I think it's a ravishing fragrance, and somewhat overlooked.