Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fresh - Strawberry Leaves


Sarah Lucas, Spamageddon, 2000 -courtesy Sadie Coles HQ, London

An homage to the boldest fruit, she who wears her seeds on the outside. Sister to the rose, most feminine of flowers. Strawberry flowers are far worldlier than I, who in my unsophistication was shocked to discover their bottled scent. For in the world of Fresh they smell much like soiled pantyhose.

A wry comment on femininity. Perhaps this scent is a thesis project on the capitalist evisceration of the female body, extruded into bottles and sold as un elixir charnel. Conceptually astute, but I fear this is a scent I can recreate more cost effectively by embracing the lacuna between my own body and soap.

Still, bonus points for listing the ingredients: Alcohol, Fragrance, Water, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethly Ionone, BHT

No comments: