Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wedding scents


The ladies at Seaport Flowers did an incredible job on the bouquet. I was afraid it would knock me out with a green floral scent, but maybe it was he combination of rosemary and allium, but if I leaned in very close it had a faint odor of ripe stilton. I find that surprisingly appropriate. I may be small, but I am not particularly dainty, and some of my fondest memories have been the cheese parties I had in the park with my best friends growing up. So cheese it is!

The wedding proved to be a homecoming of sorts - in the very literal sense - it was in Forest Hills, about 8 blocks from my parent's house. But it also proved that any fussy attempts at classyness will be twarted, and replaced with the real, the genuine, the fun and the awesome. I couldn't have asked for more.

The morning of the wedding, Dave and I went to the Union Square Farmer's Market to pick up some supplemental flowers. I got four bundles of lavender which we added to the existing arrangements and our friends Jenny and Renee made some crazy herbal arrangements for the bathrooms and halls.

So, while I was wearing L'Ete en Douce, the real scent of my wedding is fresh lavender, oregano, rosemary, roses, cheese, box cake and orchids.

And then Chris brought a box of cigars, so add that to the mix. It was an incredible time.

No comments: