Monday, July 21, 2008

We have a winner


Dan Flavin. “monument” to V. Tatlin XI, 1964; “monument” to V. Tatlin, 1966; “monument” to V. Tatlin, 1966—69; and untitled, 1970. © Estate of Dan Flavin/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York. Photo: Bill Jacobson. (Which I saw today at the incomparable Dia:Beacon)

Congratulations Paper Girl Productions, you are the winner. Email me at oblitterati at yahoo dot com with your address.

In other news, the Dia:Beacon is a fabulous place to spend a well-airconditioned day with some well situated earthworks. Most of the space is cool and odorless. Just watch out for the Bruce Nauman galleries, Mapping the Studio I smells like a wet dog in a rain bonnet. And the Richard Serra pieces have their own inner climate, 10 degrees hotter than the gallery space with a faint rusty dessert scent.


From MoMA.org.
Bruce Nauman. Perfect Door/Perfect Odor/Perfect Rodo. 1972. Neon tubing and wire with glass tubing suspension frames, three parts, Each 21 3/8 x 28 7/8 x 2 1/4" (54.3 x 73.3 x 5.7 cm). © 2008 Bruce Nauman/Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York

2 comments:

Henry said...

I'd love to have some of those illuminated pieces in my house. But high art would just be wasted on my messy house! I'm having a giveaway that starts tonight. I'd love it if you popped on over!! http://nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I suppose in Texas it would read "Perfect Rodeo"?