Sunday, May 4, 2008

Un Jardin après la Mousson by Hermes



I didn't realize the great Now Smell This had already reviewed this one, but it makes sense since that's where I first learned of it's existence.

After dropping off my health paperwork, I took the Madison Avenue bus through the Friday fog up to the Hermes store. Mousson was a wet foggy haze. It struck me as dark and aquatic, ominous, like the sky in Houston before a flash flood. You could almost smell the wet wood of the Menil, and the people kayaking down route 59. There was even just a little touch of decayed earth, and a bit of spice but none of the flint from Terre d'Hermes. It seemed to inflate and grow and upon the dry-down I finally smelled the overripe melons. A good scent for listening to Bring Back the Guns.

No comments: